TCHS STUDENT DRESS CODE for 2017-2018 School Year
Each student must dress in a manner which is appropriate for school and its related activities. Good personal appearance, appropriate dress, proper behavior, and a healthy personal hygiene are vital to each member of the school community. Developing good taste in dress, good grooming habits, and good behavior are a part of the overall educational program. Students dressed inappropriately can have a negative influence on the educational process and the educational climate of the school. The Taylor County School District believes that this dress code promotes comfort and safety while enhancing the overall learning environment for the students.
1. Leggings, jeggings, pajama-like pants, skintight stretch pants, and “body” dresses are not allowed.
2. Sagging or extremely baggy pants are not allowed. All pants MUST be worn at the natural waistline.
3. Sleeveless shirts/blouses and/or shirts/blouses that expose the shoulders (cold-shoulder) are not permitted.
4. Pants/clothing with cuts, rips, or holes are not allowed; ripped/frayed jeans and pants not allowed.
5. Headgear of any kind (hats, headbands, sweatbands, bandanas, scarves, sunglasses, etc.) is not allowed. Females are allowed to wear headbands as a hair accessory.
Males are not allowed to wear headgear; there may be exceptions, such as hat day fundraisers, Halloween, etc.
6. Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom shoes, stilettos, and wheeled shoes are not allowed.
7. All belts will be buckled.
8. Shorts, skirts, dresses must come to the knee.
Cheerleaders CANNOT wear uniforms in class/during the school day.
9. Shirts/Blouses/Sweaters which expose the bare midriff are not permitted.
10. See-through clothing is not allowed (regardless of what is worn underneath).
11. Clothing which shows cleavage is not allowed.
12. Gang related paraphernalia is not allowed.
13. Clothing with inappropriate advertising or statements that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene, or inflammatory (e.g. alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, gangs, etc.) is not allowed.
14. Any type of unusual or questionable wear will be judged on an individual basis by school administration.
NO BOOK BAGS/BACK PACKS/LARGE PURSES ARE ALLOWED FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR.
Purses must not be larger than 12 inches wide.