Taylor County High School | Mrs. Shonda Green, Principal | 24 Oak Street | Butler, GA 31006 | (478) 862-3314
TCHS: Tayloring our Curriculum for Higher Success
2015 Title I Reward School
Please reference the district's website, local news stations, and the school's Facebook page for an update on the status for Thursday, January 18, 2018.
Students will be exempt from taking a semester final if they fall into one of the following categories:
· Semester average of 90 and above with no more than 7 absences (excused and unexcused) in the 1st semester
· Semester average between 85-89 with no more than 2 absences (excused and unexcused) in the 1st semester
· Semester average between 80-84 with no absences in the 1st semester
Tuesday, December 12 ,2017:
All teachers will tell students if they are exempt.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017:
½ day review for semester finals for classes through lunch.
1st lunch: Normal time.
2nd lunch: 12:30-1:00
7th period exam after lunch until the end of day from 1:10 to 3:10
Thursday, December 14, 2017:
1st period exam: 8:15 - 10:15
2nd period exam: 10:25 - 12:25
Lunch (everyone): 12:30 - 1:00
3rd period exam: 1:10 - 3:10
Friday, December 15, 2017:
4th period exam: 8:15 - 10:15
5th period exam: 10:25 - 12:25
6th period exam: 1:10 - 3:10
Sign-Out Policy for Exam Days
· Students who will be signing out between exam periods must have a note that the front office will verify with a parent or guardian. Please make sure notes have a phone number that the office can call for verification.
· Sign outs will only be allowed during the scheduled breaks between exams.
Gold Students: Qazi Ahsan, Callie Albritton, Carter Albritton, Christian Albritton, Keelie Albritton, Taniya Allen, Kamryn Anthony, Ansle Barker, Trenton Beeland, Rosie Bentley, Kyli Bone, Neeli Bone, Kennedi Brazziel, Savannah Brown, Todric Cain, Kaley Callaway, Tucker Campbell, Abby Carpenter, Austin Carpenter, Jaden Cox, Kobe Culpepper, Ezra Cummings, Tamaryn Danielly, Ginny DeLoach, Matthew DeLoach, Chandler Denton, Star Dixon, Calli Duncan, Justin Duong, Laney Edmondson, Mary Kate Eubanks, Liam Fausel. Travin Gooch, Taylor Green, Addie Guinn, Christian Head, Karen Hewitt, Brenley Hinton, Tyler Hortman, Caitlyn Jarrell, Torren Johnson, Jesse Jones, Jackson Night, Destiny Lockhart, Delaney Mason, Kenyonna McClain, Anna Moore, Hayli Moore, India Ogletree, Aldo Oliveras, Cal Parker, Diego Paz, Morgan Peacock, Jacob Peed, Madison Powell, Mervyn Praveen, Tyler Roberson, Haylee Roberts, McKenna Rohrer, Matalie Russell, Hallie Bree Salter, Jamie Kay Scott, Hailee Kate Simpson, Donna Smith, Scotty Smith, Octavius Talton, Connor Tharpe, Ryan Tharpe, Travis Wainwright, Ivey Wainwright, Anna Walker, Ashley Walker, Gunnar Watson, Abby Welch, Sadie Wicks, Landon Williams, Christy Wilson, Brandon Winters, Jessica Withrow, Eboni Woodard, Zach York
Royal Students: Kelsie Albritton, Emily Averett, Harley Averett, Kaitlyn Barnes, Kaitlyn Barrow, Trent Bennett, Cate Berryhill, Clair Berryhill, Samantha Bowen, Clifford Brazziel, Elizabeth Brown, Terri'nesha Corbin, Jazarion Daniely, Brandan Davis, Tamesha Dixon, Tamia Dugger, Nickolas Dykes, Leeyah Ellinwood, Payton Eubanks, Matthew Foskey, Adriane Godfrey, Markayla Gray, Shekela Griffin, Amber Guined, Patrick Harrington, Hernan Hernandez, Rachel Herring, Shelby Hobbs, Shaleigh Howell, Jakera Ivory, John Will Jarrell, Bailee Johnson, Ryan Keyser, Hoke Lawhorn, Demarcus Lewis, Ashlyn Logue, Destiny Long, Caroline Lowe, India McCrary, Will McDaniel, Gabriel Miller, Harleigh Moore, Jasia Ogburn, Madison Peacock, Dawn Pittman, Timothy Queen, Uziel Reyes, Jaylen Riley, Aiden Robinson, Alleisha Russell, Destiny Smith, Logan Swann, Ju'mieya Thomas, Jy'kel Thomas, Anesha Walker, Emma Walker, John Walker, Elissa Willett, Cameron Windham, Zania Worsham, Zykia Worsham
Congrats to JROTC raiders for winning region championship on Saturday, October 21st. Cadet Abby Carpenter was selected a most dedicated cadet and cadet Trey Glanton was selected as team MVP. Mega Hooah!
The TCHS Senior students attended the Probe College Fair at Georgia Southwestern in Americus on October 5, 2017.
TCHS STUDENT DRESS CODE for 2017-2018 School Year
Each student must dress in a manner which is appropriate for school and its related activities. Good personal appearance, appropriate dress, proper behavior, and a healthy personal hygiene are vital to each member of the school community. Developing good taste in dress, good grooming habits, and good behavior are a part of the overall educational program. Students dressed inappropriately can have a negative influence on the educational process and the educational climate of the school. The Taylor County School District believes that this dress code promotes comfort and safety while enhancing the overall learning environment for the students.
1. Leggings, jeggings, pajama-like pants, skintight stretch pants, and “body” dresses are not allowed.
2. Sagging or extremely baggy pants are not allowed. All pants MUST be worn at the natural waistline.
3. Sleeveless shirts/blouses and/or shirts/blouses that expose the shoulders (cold-shoulder) are not permitted.
4. Pants/clothing with cuts, rips, or holes are not allowed; ripped/frayed jeans and pants not allowed.
5. Headgear of any kind (hats, headbands, sweatbands, bandanas, scarves, sunglasses, etc.) is not allowed. Females are allowed to wear headbands as a hair accessory.
Males are not allowed to wear headgear; there may be exceptions, such as hat day fundraisers, Halloween, etc.
6. Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom shoes, stilettos, and wheeled shoes are not allowed.
7. All belts will be buckled.
8. Shorts, skirts, dresses must come to the knee.
Cheerleaders CANNOT wear uniforms in class/during the school day.
9. Shirts/Blouses/Sweaters which expose the bare midriff are not permitted.
10. See-through clothing is not allowed (regardless of what is worn underneath).
11. Clothing which shows cleavage is not allowed.
12. Gang related paraphernalia is not allowed.
13. Clothing with inappropriate advertising or statements that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene, or inflammatory (e.g. alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, gangs, etc.) is not allowed.
14. Any type of unusual or questionable wear will be judged on an individual basis by school administration.
NO BOOK BAGS/BACK PACKS/LARGE PURSES ARE ALLOWED FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR.
Purses must not be larger than 12 inches wide.
Congratulations to the 2017 BETA Club Members. These members participated in the BETA Club Induction Program on Thursday, April 20.